Saturday, October 31, 2009

Back on track

I just did my walk and am going to paint walls next. Yesterday was a lost day, as I wasn't feeling well and did a lot of comforting myself with food. :-( Today is a new day though, and I am back on track.
My problems with my feet are due mostly to my weight. I wear orthotics and have been working with the person who provides them to come up with the best orthotic and shoes for what I need. I just have to accept the fact that my feet cannot carry this weight without hurting and find the right distance and speed to burn off some weight, increase my metabolism but not cause injury. It's hard to keep the pace slow when I just want to motor! I was having some hip pain on Wed. and DD#1 suggested walking 3 days and taking a day off. That seems to have worked as there was no pain today.
Also managed to get my flu shot. I have asthma and a 5-month old grandson with whom I spend a lot of time, so wanted to get it right away. The Health Unit recommended to DD that everyone caring for the baby should have one. I'm glad I got it; shortages are beginning to occur. There are a lot of sick kids away from schools, and the hockey teams are laying off for awhile. DGS Jack's gymnastics class had 3 out of 10 kids last week. DD is keeping him home from there until he's had his shot. They run multiple classes at once, so there are many kids rotating around the equipment all at once.
hugs to all and kudo to the walkers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home