Friday, September 4, 2009

checking in

Well, it's been ages since I signed in and read the posts here!

JANE IN NC -- That bronchitis must be going around. A friend of mine had it, too, a couple weeks ago. DH picked up some sort of bug that has left him with a croupy cough that is slowly improving. He refuses to go to the doctor of course, and has been playing golf all along, so I know he's not feeling poorly.
And how awful about your refrigerator. Refrigerators, air conditioners, and washing machines all have a life span of approx. 7 years anymore. I didn't know about the Freon issue, so that must be why A/C compressors last no more than 7 years, too!!! As for washing machines.... I'm keeping my 15 y/o one alive for as long as I can. Every repair guy tells me the new stuff is total !@#$&. Consumer Reports finally advises people to buy a service contract for appliances now. One friend of mine knows someone whose brand new-fangled computerized refrigerator had a short in the computer part, and it caught on fire along with the kitchen. So much for technology.

Summer is almost over and I cannot believe it. It has been a very different sort of summer: sufficient rain and moderate heat temperatures. We had very few days over 90° (perhaps only a dozen) and in all, a very tolerable season. I hope our autumn will be nice, too.

ROSEY P. --- when I had salmonella four or five years ago, it was a full year before my lower G.I. tract was completely normal. I'm not sure it really ever returned to normal, though.

SOPHIE UPDATE --- Sophie, at 9 months old, keeps growing and is more at the filling-out stage. Housebreaking is going well but she's got terrible skin allergies. I believe they are environmental, and there's not much we can do about that. I suspect grass. Argh!

Hugs to all and have a wonderful Labor Day Holiday weekend!

Doris W. in TN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home