Thursday, September 3, 2009

Woohoo! I remembered how to get here!

I've been reading for months but forgot how to get in. Realized today that I needed my old email address. Moving really shakes you up and confuses you. Hello to all who remember (and to those who don't).
Jane, I'm sorry you're not well. I've been thinking of you because I just finished reading Cold Mountain. I had seen the movie quite some time ago, but the book is a whole 'nother thing. I can't wait for DH to read it; it's just his kind of book. The area sounds beautiful.
We moved from the bush to a small city in June, and I'm still trying to get settled. DH and I have decided that it's hard to build a new life without a job at it's centre. Neither of us has found anything yet. DH has quit smoking several times over the summer. :-< Need I say more. At the moment he's smoking, but I see a prescription for Champix sitting on the table, so I guess we'll be on that roller coaster again soon.
I finally got my sewing room organized (as much as I can with much less space) and have made some tentative forays into it. I have no quilting buddies as yet, and it's hard to be a solitary quilter. My quilting buddies from Manitouwadge are gathering in Sudbury next weekend, as the one from furthest away (New Brunswick) is in the area. There are 5 of us and we are going to spend the weekend making a 60th birthday quilt for the last of the husbands to turn 60. The men will do their own thing. I'm looking forward to lots of sewing, laughing, eating, talking and more laughing.
When DH and I get down, we both console ourselves with the grandchildren, especially 3-month-old Henry who is a chubby, cheerful, cuddly angel. His big brother, Jack, is 2 and has the personality and mood swings of a menopausal woman. Ah well, soon he'll be 3. Their cousins are Heather, 16, and Alex, 8. Heather is mostly a woman and very charming to all except, at times, her parents. She is very polite and patient with Grandma. The way to Al's heart is through his stomach, so we get along very well. They're great kids and I love having fun with them and then sending them home!
I'm so happy to be able to post again. Hugs to all.
Brenda in Nn Ontario

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home