Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It has been quiet

I am out here, but very busy. Progress reports go out at school on Thursday, and we're still hand-writing them on the triple carbon forms. I know, it's the 21st century, but I can remember hand lettering report cards when I first started teaching, and at least I don't have to do that anymore!


I went to the Huntsville Botanical Gardens Saturday, and spent a good bit of time taking pictures of butterflies in the indoor butterfly garden. None of those pictures are particularly impressive. Then, when I went out, I got the photo here. This butterfly literally landed within 6 feet of me, and stayed there long enough for me to get three photos, changing angles after each one.
They had a kaleidoscope set up, with clear glass in the device, but aimed at a pretty flower bed like a telescope. I tried to take a picture through the lens, but just got blur...
I should be working on my mom's quilt. Another summer has gone by...
Laura in Alabama

2 Comments:

At September 1, 2009 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Beautiful picture! Thanks for sharing.
Mary in Oregon

 
At September 2, 2009 at 4:46 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Isn't it great to get that one shot you've been hoping for?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home