Sunday, August 23, 2009

Another Quilter in the making

My youngest DS, Isaac who is 6 1/2 found some of my string blocks about a month ago. He played with them on the floor several days getting them all laid out just right. He decided he wanted to see how many of the same fabrics he could get to touch each other. When he had the blocks how he wanted them, he begged me to sew his quilt together. He sat on my knee and ran the foot pedal while I fed the blocks through. He helped me with the ironing also. When the top was done, he decided that his tiger flannel that we had purchased several weeks before would be good for the back. I agreed. He wanted to help me quilt it, but I wasn't quite ready for that challenge. I quilted and bound the quilt. Our local fair was coming up, so we entered it in open class as a quilt made by more than 1 person. It got a red ribbon, and Isaac was really happy, because red is his favorite color! He had lots of fun during the fair showing everyone "his" quilt.

Once it came home from the fair, it had to go straight to his bed.

I think it's safe to say I have another quilter in the making!

I had a picture of us with his quilt to add, but it doesn't want to load right now. Off to my sewing room, will try the picture again later.

2 Comments:

At August 24, 2009 at 1:31 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Congratulations, Isaac (and Mom) on the red ribbon! The kids just love having an accomplishment like that.

 
At August 25, 2009 at 7:05 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Karen, I love that. What fun for you both.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home