Saturday, August 15, 2009

Hot & Humid

Sara, you have such interesting posts. I can read about the weather in Florida, which makes me feel that I know a little of the weather in Sarasota where my friend, Joan, lives. Then, I learn about the tile man; a soldier who has been missing for eighteen years. It's great to read what happens in other people's lives. Oftentimes, it's the little things that remind us that we all lead similar lives at some point, some age, somewhere.

Summer has arrived in Ontario, Canada, with a wallop. Smog warnings in Toronto. Talking to friend, Margaret, tonight, who lives in an apt. in Toronto and the air in the hallways, she said, was even bad. It was humid and hot in the country and with six guests tonight and missing two or three fans for the rooms...one broke, one is downstairs by the woodstove and dirty and I haven't the energy to wash it, the other is in place and I'm hoping, it cools down before the guests arrive home for bed. Don't think it's going to happen. It's very humid. We've had a wonderful summer so far, cooler considerably, but most people seem to enjoy it unless you are at a cottage and then, it's not been great.

I've been on my feet all day and am bushed. Six people to feed in the morning. The dogs way to the back of us on another acreage are barking...it's 10 pm and I often wonder what they hear in the dead of night to bark at. The coyotes seem to be getting food elsewhere for I haven't heard them in close for some time. I'm off to bed with Lucy Maud Montgomery and her life story written by another author. She wrote: Anne of Green Gables.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home