Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'd love to E mail you

Lavinia-I don't get the Dakota Cabin Quilt newsletter, (never heard of it) and I don't have your E mail address.
my e mail addy is sashauer@comcast dot net

DH has had a swollen shut left eye Friday Sat. and half of today from the skin cancer surgery last Thurs. The Dr. took it off over the eye brow and there were about 8 stitches. At least now he can open his eye and it is somewhat less painful. We didn't go to church, because he was worn out from the 2 weeks of 14-16 hour days, and the eye was still swollen this morning.
As far as the update on DD and DSIL-we talked about 30 min. on Friday evening, and then I passed the phone over to DH and he talked to her about 1 hr. or more. We have cleared most of the air! Thankfully.
Evidently they had some consumer debt, and 2 mortgages. (I didn't know that) and want to get out from under all of it. They are painting and fixing up to get the house on the market. We talked about their plans extensively, and agree with 95% of what they are doing.
Public school here starts tomorrow, so all 4 boys will be going. At least they will be staying here 1 more month as far as we know.
They do want a simpler life style- which is commendable. And, they are adults, so even though we don't see eye to eye on everything, it is their decision.
We are trying to replace the small TV, stero receiver, CD player, etc. that the lightning fried. The good news is that the prices of TVs have come way down, and the quality gone up. Tomorrow I'm getting a flat screen 19 in. for the kitchen. We will be getting an I-pod. So, I'll have to learn "I-pod for dummies".
The power surge procter we bought for the kitchen is a 3 prong, so will have to replace it with a 2 prong. Not a big problem.
Going to make a pitcher of iced tea to cool off.
It's another scorcher here today. Thank goodness for A/C.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home