Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Double Winners at the Fair


Since I finally got the pictures to work, I have something else I'd like to share.

Our county fair was a few weeks ago. My DS who is 17, won Grand Champion and the Sweekpstakes Award for a quilt that he entered in 4-H. I also had a Grand Champion and Sweepstakes winning quilt that I entered in our FCE division. My quilt is one I made for my oldest DS as a graduation gift.

I just had to get a picture of the 2 of us with our quilts and our awards. Don't think it's very often there is a Mom & Son both winning Grand Champions and Sweepstakes -- especially on quilts! Jon's sweepstake award was a plaque, and mine was a beautiful crystal basket.

I look like something the dog dragged in -- long week at the fair with migraines mixed in.

4 Comments:

At August 25, 2009 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Oh WOW! Congratulations!!

 
At August 25, 2009 at 7:50 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Yes, congratulations.
Was is the print in the black and white? It sort of looks like an animal print, but not sure.
Sara in Fla.

 
At August 25, 2009 at 10:19 PM , Blogger KSKaren said...

It is different musical instruments. Drums, Guitars etc. The other fabrics have music notes on them.

 
At August 26, 2009 at 6:14 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

What a fantastic memory for both of you, Karen. Congrats!
Mary in Oregon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home