Friday, September 4, 2009

Hello everyone!


It's been so very long since I've posted & my reading hasn't been much better. Jane I feel your travel pain! I did a short trip to Mi to having a little family get together & visit my Dad in the nursing home where he spends most of his time in bed with severe dementia. I couldn't even get out of Portland without problems. My flight to Atlanta was delayed destroying any chance of getting into Mi, so I opted out & left the following day. On my return I went thru MN & was stuck on a tram for half an hr with no air conditioning and an angry mob! Their trams are so weird, they are on the out side of the building high above the street, sort of a scary trip! Had to high tail it to the next connection, Salt Lake(don't ask why) where they were loading when I got there. In Salt Lake I had 45 minutes to connect & asked an agent when I got off where my next gate to my Portland connection was. He said in a sweet southern drawl a71 so I was booking! After a ten minute OJ trip something didn't seem right & I hunted for a monitor where I leaned my gate was e71 not a71, the distance between E & A is some distance as you might imagine! So for the 2nd time that day they were loading when I got there, seesh! What a trip.
I hate buying appliances & my frig is 20+ and my dishwasher 30+ should I buy a lottery ticket?
Oh I bought my freezer used over 35 yrs ago, eck....I suppose they will all die soon.
Am so looking forward to the 3 day weekend not that we have any plans. The elderly "Dyna" needs pretty close attention so no "family" trips until she's no longer.
I thought I would want a dog right away when she was gone but it's been so difficult that we may have to think twice about a dog right away, cats are so easy by comparison.
Our summer in the NW was grand, although pretty hot. Our air went out the day we had a recordbreaking 105! But I still love the long days of summer best.
I love fall but it's a reminder of winter looming!
Movie review: A bunch of us quilters went to Julie & Julia, just adorable!
Need some good book recs (Mayme?) no good ones lately.
No quilting lately, but did get back an appliqued top that was quilted by hand at a local senior center. I'll take a picture when the bindings on. A couple of us have started a jellyroll quilt called Jubilee,very fun. I have to make my own jelly rolls since i have soooo much fabric.
Of course I must throw in a picture, maybe the elderly Dyna? Hi Brenda! I miss you! Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home