Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thursday evening

Jane, only you could find humour in a broken down refrigerator just before leaving for CA. Don't you just hate to spend money at our age on a new appliance but I'll bet when you get your new frig you'll keep opening the door to admire it.

Brenda, good to see you posting again. Have fun with your quilting buddies and the new quilt.

Mayme, I also miss driving to Fla. We used to do it late March and stay three weeks, then return as springtime returned from south to north and enjoyed the redbud trees and other blossoming trees coming north. Now I fly down to visit my friend in Sarasota but miss the drives. One year we stayed in the mountains south/west of Jane where they were having a mountain biking contest. I couldn't believe what people were riding over, fallen trees, roots, up and down and around precarious hillsides. NC is sure a beautiful state.

Had an appt. with a homeopath today as a year ago I had food poisoning at the time Listeriosis (sp?) was bacterial-infecting foods from a meat packing machine. It's taken nearly a year to heal and even yet, I have a malsorption of foods. Few food allergies, which is interesting. One that I hate to admit because Jean predicted it and I hate it when people are ALWAYS right...lol. Wheat is a very common allergen, along with dairy, which I'm intolerant to anyway. And of course, my old friend, yeast in my bloodstream, since my hysterectomy years ago.

Visited with a real book author today in a city nearby. She's written a book on Lucy Maud Montgomery, (Anne of Green Gables ). Very interesting to hear how much research she did over a period of 35 yrs. in order to eventually write the book.

I can see by the nightsky that a full moon is sitting up there. The coyotes will be out...good illumination for hunting. When I worked at a health food store, a full moon seemed to bring out some very strange folks or strangeness in folks that seemed normal except for once a month at full-moon time.

Time to pack it in for the night. It's been a long day. Jane, tune in from the mountains with your next adventure. Life is not dull for you, that's for sure. Glad the wedding went well...or did it. Any observations of the cast of characters?

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home