Monday, May 11, 2009

BUGS IN THE SYSTEM

Well, at least one of the bugs is out of the system so my Sunday post is there today. Now if only I could open the BB. I keep getting an error message that says DNS look up error or some such thing. What does that mean? I sent an email to Eric last night about it so I guess he hasn't gotten to it. Oh well, it's only about once a week that somebody posts on it.

Laura, my mom died just a few weeks after her 59th birthday of the same cause. She never quilted but made many of my school clothes. When she died I know she had been knitting little squares for a bedspread for me and many of the squares were made and connected. When my dad remarried, like so many widowers, fairly soon thereafter and sold the house the bedspread disappeared. I've never gotten over my bitterness about that. I didn't think at the time to ask about it. I have some jewelry, not very much, that I never wear but I sure wish I had that spread.

Another piece of maternal advice: No matter how poor you are, always budget for the cost of sending your husband's shirts out". Those were the days when many men wore coats and ties to work. I followed that bit of advice. Al wore nothing but oxford cloth dress shirts and each would take me at least 20 minutes to iron and when they were done (he hated starch) they looked as though he'd spent the night in the back seat of a car.

Jane

1 Comments:

At May 12, 2009 at 4:32 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

I was not able to get on the BB either (I got a message from Roadrunner that said Roadrunner could not access it) but all is well now. I also wrote to Eric. Give it a try today (Tuesday, May 12th) and see if it works for you.

Judy in Ohio

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home