Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday am

Jane, what a wonderful thought ! I have been having some of those same thoughts this weekend and even tho my mother and I were not very close in the past few years I did always attribute my love for knitting, embroidery and stitchery and what was her love of sewing into my love of quilting......I do however wish I hadn't inherited her tendency to have so many projects on the go and always have the dreams of being able to do more than what my lifetime will allow !

My mother taught me how to use my hands not only for the above mentioned 'crafty' things, but how to bake, cook and tell the difference between a flower and a weed.......She might not have been able to express it verbally I do know that she loved me. My mother passed away on April 16th and I was glad I was able to see her before she decided to give up and refused any medical care......having a good last memory is good as are the ones when I was growing up and learning these wonderful skills and talents of hers which she had learned from her mother and grandmother! What happened in between those memories does not matter. Every time I pick up a new project or dream of yet another one to try I have always thought how good it was that Mom took the time and showed me how to do something many times over and over again !

Happy Mother's Day !

Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home