Sunday, May 10, 2009

GOOD DAY TO ALL THE MOMS

I suspect that most of us are moms but for certain we are all offspring. Here's a tribute to all of us including those who made moms out of our moms. Let's try to post a memories of our mothers, related to sewing, quilting or just plain living. I know that there are those who were not as fortunate as I and either had no mom or one with problems that interfered with her ability to do a good job of it. Perhaps there was a grandmother, aunt, neighbor or dad who filled that role.

My mother's wisdom:
1. always be aware of and respect the grain of the fabric you are cutting
2. cheap fabric is a poor investment (we had little spare cash)
3. don't marry a doctor, police officer or martini drinker (the first two keep lousy hours and the last is, well, you know)

I'm sure other bits and pieces will come to me today.

Jane in sunny (at least at the moment) NC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home