Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Back for traveling I-95

Oh, it's so good to be back home. There's no place like home.... There's no place like home....
I-95 in Florida is under construction constantly! It looks like every 20 miles or so the orange cones are out, and "caution" construction zone signs.
You would think eventually there would not be any more room to make more lanes, it's already 8 lanes in some places.

We could use some of that rain that other states are getting. It looks like another long hot summer is going to happen. I have to go out and water the little baby flowers every morning and evening just to keep them alive.
Maybe we will start getting the afternoon thunder storms soon. It is 90 out there this afternoon.

No quilting going on here, just laundry and mulching in the front and back yards. I'm going to hire my GF's teenage son to do some of the mulching as of tomorrow. Since last year at this time my energy level has gone downhill. It was lots of fun creating the butterfly gardens, but not so much pulling the weeds and maintaining.

No uplifting news from this front. Kind of bummed seeing my Mom so frail. She has trouble getting into and out of the shower, I had to help her
wash off. I did get to take her out to lunch and a couple of dinners, which I think she enjoyed. Being 91 and frail isn't great. I give my brother all the credit for taking care of her all the time.
Someone please post about some fun, exciting, or otherwise interesting things, this post isn't. -- - Thanks for letting me vent.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home