Sunday, April 19, 2009

surfacing, Hello

I have been reading pretty well every day. Keeping up with what you are all doing. Just have not felt well enough to post. Life has been having major crisis in our own family as well as with good friends. It is amazing how fast you can go into a tail spin and when it stop you are not sure how steady the ground is. Equally amazing that with some major good friends the world does right itself and life as we know it seems to continue on and you can again begin to smile at little things like rain drops.
Yes we have had a few of them, so much better than snow.
It has been a very long and hard winter. Seems to me the longest ever in my life, but then maybe it was the circumstances.
It has been nice to see some long ago poster posting at times. I do miss having to read a lot of post every time I come on board.
Have not been doing too much sewing except our Cancer quilts. That never seems to take a break and lately it seems as if there are more people that we personally know. Some are actually becoming survivors ( just a term that is used) Because we always have and pray that every one beats it. Unrealistic I know but it is what keeps us going. Since our little group started in our small area we have giving away over 200 quilts. I am so proud of our little group they are absolutely the best . Some of the girls that were here for the retreat have seen pictures and our scrapbook and will know what I am talking about. I wish I could share with you all some of the letters we receive. Thank Goodness for the old time quilters from the area that I live in because without them we could not accomplish all we do. Like I said the ladies are the best.
My DH and I are leaving for Vancouver Island again on Tuesday morning. Hoping for a little nicer weather than in Ontario. Must say though the last two days it has been gorgeous, but we are to go below freezing again tonight and the next couple of nights. I am looking forward to the trip though. Hope I am there long enough for Jean to have come home again. read that she has gone on a trip herself.
Looking forward to another retreat at some point. Miss all of you, and I am not mentioning names. Would love to meet more quilters , so I could say miss a whole lot more
Take care and god speed to all
Grace in On

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home