Sunday, April 26, 2009

catching up on board stuff

Hi everyone:
I've been out of town 2 times in 2 weeks and now have my 91 yr. old Mom here with me for about a week. I haven't checked into what's going on lately.
Jane-if you are planing a retreat in the Ashville area next spring (April? May?)count me in. I've been to that area many times, but always in Oct. The only time I've seen the dogwoods and such in the spring was on a bus to Padu. KY. 10 years ago. My DH would want to come along and bike, kayak, etc, so that would be a perfect area to do so.
DH and I went to P. B. County last Tuesday for the funeral of one of his ex-co workers. He was a typical cop-drank too much, smoked too much, a fun person, but never took care of himself. I think he had been married 4 or 5 times. Seeing old co-workers gray hair, etc. made me feel blessed to be here in Jax. and healthy. I think the stress of police work does that. Two others had died a few years ago that we didn't know about. One woman and her husband had both had heart attacks, several were on heart meds. Ouch! I may be slightly overweight, but compaired with the old buddies both DH and I are doing very well, thank you.
OK, got to go--DH is banging about in the kitchen. We never had an anniv. dinner, as the funeral got in the way, he is going to "cook"-- I think we are having take out. We have been married 31 years now, so a "take out" dinner is good to me if I don't have to cook it.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home