Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sophie is cute

Oh, Doris, what a cute puppy. I understand the unconditional love. DH said that our Pumpkin was for me, but I think that the licking, waging tail, and doggie-snuggles make him feel like lord of the manor.
JEAN-the floors sound wonderful in your son's house. Can you come do mine? Sorry to hear about the broken nose of DD-I broke mine in 9th grade, along with the teeth. Ouch. Sleet and freezing rain, eh? I'm upset over the ant bites and oak pollen that got me while doing yard work this morning. It's 77 here and sunny. I didn't realize that the ants would nest in the potted plants from last fall and stuck my hand right in there. Luckly I had some Claritin to take and Benedril cream. That was the end of the yard work for today.
DH has more skin cancers. Sign. . . 3 squamous, 1 not so bad. However with the lab work from the "Mystery disease" still going on the last thing he needs is more surgery, doctors visits, etc. Jane in N.C. we feel like you do. Doctors, labs, gee whiz. On one hand I'm glad for the good medical care, on the other hand it does get old fast. The last T.B. test he had on Monday was called a TB Gold test. Don't know if this is the gold standard, or for a Dr. Gold. Our insurance says they won't pay for it, so we paid cash, and have to fight it out with them.
OK, on to happy topics. I'm looking forward to 3 days at Daytona Beach this weekend after my 15K race. We will leave Sat. afternoon and come back on Tues. Haven't been to Daytona since August I think.
Bringing lots of sunblock!
Then, on the 24th I get to go to a 4 day quilt retreat in the Ocala area. A friend's guild is puting it on and I was invited to go. Bunk beds, cafeteria, etc. I think a Girl Scout or a church campground. Anyway, won't have to cook or clean, just quilt and shop. Joy.
Time to re-boot the laundry.
Sara in Fla. with the ant-bitten hands

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home