Sunday, March 1, 2009

snow

We had a couple of inches of snow, and the snow was still coming down fast at 8:00 when I left for church. It has been so warm here that the roads were still clear. The snow was gone by noon.

It was good, wet snow that stuck only to cars and yards. The kids had a snowball fight between early church and Sunday school. That lasted until one of the little ones, who had never seen snow before, got a snowball in the ear. One of the mothers, originally from Minnesota, took him in the kitchen and ran warm water on his hands and wiped off his face, and the tears soon ended. None of the kids were dressed for playing in the snow either.

My choir director wondered if we turned off the lights, would we get away with singing Christmas carols. (no! LOL)

Snow is a big deal here, and normally brings everything to a total standstill. I was surprised that no one cancelled or delayed services this morning. People actually used sense instead of panic!

The Auburn U.production of "Into the Woods" was extremely well done. I thought the girl playing the witch was excellent. The rest of the cast was good, but not, in my opinion, outstanding. The technical aspects, which is what my niece does, were as professional as anything I've ever seen. I guess she's really getting a good prep for doing this professionally. I just hope the economy picks up to where she, and all the other kids, have opportunities to find jobs.

Laura in Alabama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home