Wednesday, February 25, 2009

tractor day and general stuff

It's been quiet here for quite awhile, so I thought I drop in and leave a note.

We're almost finished with the inventory, after which I can do the taxes. Turbotax is a wonderful creation.

I'm taking a break this weekend. My niece is a technical theater major and she is involved in the Auburn U. production of "Into the Woods." I haven't been able to see any of her work so far, so I'm going down to see the show, and my parents at the same time.

I am going to try to complete Mom's quilt, and work on some charity quilts in the next few weeks. Our guild donates "comfy" quilts to first responders, to give to children at the scene of the crime or fire. I have been so busy that I have not made nearly enough of them. Recently, we added quilts for the neonatal units at the hospital. Those are so tiny that they could be made quickly, and I'm feeling bad about not getting around to it.

We're also coming up on the last month of competition for quiz bowl. Our team has made it to the state finals. I don't expect my part-time, public school, team to beat all the private and magnet schools, but it sure would be nice if they did. At least I hope we can make them earn the win!

Tomorrow is "Tractor Day" at school. It is the 30th anniversary of the event. Last year we had 56 tractors on display. We're hoping for more this year. I'll be taking pictures for the FFA student historian, as she tells me nobody is taking any good pictures for her. They have a short parade before school, and the tractors are on display in the parking lot for the student body to view. We get released from our classes for about 20 minutes to allow the kids to look at the tractors. The FFA provides a nice breakfast for the teachers as well.
They moved this event from Friday to Thursday because there is a 70% chance of rain on Friday. There was only a 20% chance today, and it's rained all day. It's supposed to be warmer, and only a 20% chance again tomorrow. I hope it clears up, as the older tractors do not have cabs.
Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home