Sunday, February 8, 2009

checking in . . . . . .

JEAN IN VT - you do have my sympathies with the weather. I think everyone is ready for spring, myself included. We actually do have lovely weather this weekend. DO NOT LOOK if you can't handle it (highs of 72F!!!) Okay, now you can look. ;-) It was so nice to walk around the neighborhood in short sleeves and shorts. My white legs just blinded everyone else out walking, and I didn't care.

JUST GOT HOME from a weekend visit to our son & his wife, in Atlanta, to celebrate his birthday. Oh my, it is so hard to believe he just turned 27 y/o. Especially because it reminds me of * my * own age. (ack!) Their house is finally getting settled and it is starting to look like a home. They have found wonderful deals on sofas for it at the craigslist.org web site. Both of them are very, very frugal with their money and I am quite impressed with their purchases.

DH and I gave the kids some squirrel-proof birdfeeders as housewarming gifts when they moved in. They have them on a tree, right outside their breakfast area window. The birdfeeder actually had bluebirds (!!!) this weekend. Welp, I learn something new every day, or at least every week. I never knew bluebirds would eat seeds from a feeder. I thought they ate insects only. They never come to our feeders! Wah.

The kids are too funny. I froze in their house because they have the heat set at 64° F, which is four degrees colder than our own house but it feels like fourTEEN degrees. I lived in my jacket and under a blanket. They didn't like their first big heat bill, so I am here to tell you that my son is Jack Benny, reincarnated! (snort)

No other news that is fit to tell. We're expecting warm weather this week and I am ever-so-grateful for it! Sending hugs to everyone,
Doris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home