Friday, February 6, 2009

Winter!

Okay, as of Feb. 6 I am officially sick of winter! I think I did pretty well to make it this far, but now I'm tired of it. It was 10 below again when I woke up this morning. Ugh. Yesterday it only got up into the single digits. Today is supposed to be in the teens. Tomorrow we're supposed to have a "warm up" and get into the 30's, or maybe even above 40 I was told at PT today. The trouble is, then it just goes back down again. Hurry Spring, hurry!!

I've been painting at DS's house, and the bedrooms are essentially finished. I've begun the upstairs hall. DS and friend painted the living room last night, which is the biggest room in the house, so it's really starting to look less like a construction site and more like a house now. I can hardly wait until all the rubble is gone from every room and it starts to look like a home. It's going to be really nice when it's done. I just wish his first house would sell, so he could get the mortgage for this one. Right now we're paying on an interest-only note for it, and that's not the best situation to be in. Know anyone who would like a cute little three-bedroom house in upstate Vermont?? We've got one for you, and it's under 90K! Well, I did say it was little! Cute as a bug, too.

PT is going well. I'm now bored with it, so you can tell my arm has become more flexible (must be all that painting!). I go back to the surgeon on the 17th, and expect he will clear me for some strength training after that. Fun, fun.

Off to check on the contractor at DS's and then pick the kids up from school. Youngest DS wants to take his written test to get his driving permit today. I don't think he's studied enough, but he's insisting he's ready, so we'll see. Maybe if he fails it he'll finally see that his definition of studying and what actual studying is are two different animals. Then again, maybe he'll surprise me. That's all I need--teaching #4 to drive. Help!

Jean in VT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home