Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Good Tuesday morning

It's getting cold here again, and the wind is blowing strong. Right now I have a tree crew getting set up outside to take down the tree we were worried about back in the fall, during hurricane season. The rotten spot has gotten bigger, so it needs to be removed before it falls on the house or cars.
I've never read or watched the "Lord of the Rings" books or movies. My DSIL is crazy about them.
Well, the left eye surgery went well last week. I'm still getting used to not wearing glasses all the time, but only on the computer or reading. I had some cute, purple readers, but they weren't strong enough, so went out yesterday and found a #2 and 1/2 strength.
Since I have to stay home all day today I'm going to clean out the pantry, hem up the new curtains I made, and generally be domestic.
One of my neighbors gave birth at home last week, to a baby girl. Evidently she had planned the home birth, and the labor was only 30 min. I hope to see her and the baby girl today, "Dorothy" named after her grandmother.
I hope the ice storms and cold haven't done any damage to anyone in Ky. or other places for our WWQP friends. I'm thankful we have our storms in the summer, at least when the power goes off we are hot, not cold.
What is happening in Spain, and other parts of the world?
I miss hearing from (?) in Mass. who took the sail boat trips and trips to Mexico.
I understand that London got 4 inches of snow, and that it shut down the city pretty much. Just like Washington, D. C. everyone is from everywhere else, and they don't know how to drive, or act in snow.
We have our condo rented out to some Canadians who came down on a charter buss for the Nascar races. They are staying a month.
It has been since August since I've spent any time at the beach, and I'm ready to go for a couple of days.
OK, the ironing is waiting.
Happy day to all, stay warm!
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home