Monday, February 16, 2009

Sorry, I'll try again//good news

Sorry Rosey, I guess I was about as clear as mud.
What I ment was that taking tons of tax money (trillions) and then having the federal government distribute as they see fit is a way of enslaving ourselves to the government. We are supposed to be a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Our representives in government are supposed to do as the people who elected them want them to do.
The pet projects --frisby golf-- some type of sand mouse-- these things are "fluff" or pork.
If my friends and neighbors and people in my area want to save a type of sand mouse from dying out, well---all well and good. Why should the federal government spend $2 million on it? This does not benefit the nation, create jobs, or help anyone with their taxes.
On a more pleasant note---I successfully finished the 13.1 mile run to raise money to help fight Breast cancer yesterday. It was well staffed with volunteers, water stations, etc. and the Mayo clinic should be proud of the way they did things. We were supposed to have rain, but not a drop came down. The race started at 7:30 AM, both the marathon and 1/2 marathon runners/walkers started out together. We went over a fairly large bridge to the ocean area, up A1A and onto the beach for 2 miles. It was quite windy on the beach, but it was low tide so we were on the hard packed sand.
Back the same way, up and over the bridge again, the sun came out about the 12 mile mark. It had been overcast all morning. Great for a run.
I kept up with the training group most of the way, then had to take a portapotty stop, and walked a bit.
My finish time was 3 hrs. 30 min. as far as I know at this time. The "official" times will be published tomorrow.
Joan Boinoit Samulson (winner of the first women's marathon in 1984) came to give her support. My DH and 2 friends met me for lunch/breakfast and then I came home and took a long bubble bath and a short nap.
The legs and feet are a bit sore today, but I didn't get dehydrated, and still feel human today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home