Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

I'm just sick about the fires in Australia. I read in the paper this morning that one person was arrested for setting at least one fire.
Other bad news is that our new U. S. president wants to spend tax money on bailing out failed banks to the tune of several trillion dollars. sigh. . . . .
I plan on spending every spare dime on quilting supplies, blades, etc. so I can give quilts to the charities and people I want to, and not have the government us it foolishly. Wouldn't you think that all the former slave decendants would learn that the "government master" is just as evil as the slave master?
OK, enough--on to good news. Tomorrow morning is my 1/2 marathon!
I've been practicing since last June, with time off for a vacation, and oversleeping one time. Met downtown yesterday for our race packet pick up. Joan Boinoit Samelson was there, she ran in the first U.S. Marathon in Los Angeles in 1984. It made me want to run. She will be running the whole marathon in training for Boston.
I'm meeting my training group at 6:15 AM at the "G" in the family meeting area--G for Galloway. Please pray for no rain! It was rainy and messy this morning when DH wanted to play golf. We should be finished by noon.
Tonight is spagetti, we are having take out from a local restaurant, as it is Valentine's day and too crowded to go out. Our friends are in town, so we will each have what we want, in the dining room with the good china.
A good plan, my DH came up with. He's a keeper.
The eyes seem OK now. I have to wear readers, but can see to drive, and seem to be healing up ok.
My prayers and thoughts with those DUGS in Australia.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home