Saturday, February 28, 2009

Pollen/yard work

DH & I spent about 2 hrs in the front yard this morning attempting to tame the overgrown bushes, raking leaves, triming the Aztec grass, etc. I also hired my GF's son to cut, edge, blow what passes for grass this time of year.
At some point in the next 3 weeks I'm going to trim the ferns that got brown from the freeze, but not real soon. DH also got onto the roof with the leaf blower and got all the leaves, twigs, etc. off.
About 1:00 PM we both said "enough" and came inside. The wind is picking up, and we are supposed to have rain and storms tonight and tomorrow. The Oak pollen, dust, and whatever are affecting our sinuses.
Last Sunday I thought I was coming down with a cold, but guess it's the yearly spring pollen attack.
Jean in VT-don't sweat the wallpaper. I know you want to finish it, but you will go twice as fast when you are feeling better. Maybe you can nap on the couch so you won't have to look at the walls in the bedroom.
(A nap on the couch is one of my answers to just about all things that hurt)
We had planed to go out to a movie tonight, but both DH & I are feeling the backs hurting and all 60 years! Think we will stay home and watch a mindless TV show and eat spagetti.
Jane in N.C.-Hope you don't get the snow that is predicted for that area. Take care of the hand. Maybe you and I can treat outselves to the fabric organizers this spring for "Spring Cleaning" of the fabric stashes.
OK, I found a loaf of garlic bread in the freezer. Going to feed the yard crew of 2.
Sara in Fla.
P.S. loved the tractor pictures

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home