Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday

Joleen, I feel the same way you do. We didn't get more snow last night, but our yard is definitely buried still. I am longing for Spring!

Sara, I loved your comment that a nap on the couch is the solution to all! The one good thing is that the only wall that I have completely wallpapered is the wall that faces the bed, so when I lie in bed I can fool myself into seeing what the room will look like finished by focusing on just that one wall. Yesterday I did manage to paper over and under the double window on the next wall, so the paper goes around at least one corner of the room, making it look like a little more is done. DH has promised to help sand the mudded areas. It'll get done when it gets done.

Since I couldn't wallpaper much yesterday, I planted myself on the couch (Sara!) and read The Quilter's Legacy, fifth in the Elm Creek Quilts novels. It has been some time since I read the first books in the series, so I really enjoyed this. Trouble is, it made me yearn to quilt, and right now I just don't really have the time. With two of the kids poised to move out of the house, this is the time for us to do some badly needed redecorating. Our bedroom is just the first of several projects. The living room will be next--or maybe the den, since that's what will be opened back up when DD moves out and her bedroom is removed from that area. Then when DS moves, his room will become my sewing room (!!!!!!), much to the dismay of his younger brother, who would like that room. Sorry, but I called that one!

Much will be happening, and our family dynamics will change a lot this year. Oldest DS moved out four years ago, but I've had four kids at home all these years, and to go from four to two in the space of a couple of months is going to be really strange. I hope I don't cry like I did when first DS moved out. The times, they are a'changing!

Jean in VT, who is watching her nest slowly empty...ready or not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home