Monday, March 2, 2009

snow and spring


The snow is all gone. It's still very cold here, but it's supposed to warm up by the end of the week. My daffodils are up and blooming, so spring is on its way here.


I posted that people had sense too soon! Last night I got a call from a co-worker informing me that school had been cancelled for today. Now I teach in a rural county, and it is very possible that we had black ice or worse on some of the rural roads, so I wasn't too surprised. I am however, the kind of person who checks that kind of info before turning off the alarm clock. When I checked the local weather website, I found a huge list of churches that had cancelled services! Obviously, my church was not on the list. Perhaps that's because most of them, including the pastors, are from places like Minnesota and Wisconsin, not Alabama and Georgia (smile)

Mom called and said they had a couple of inches of snow in Montgomery! That doesn't happen more than once every 4-5 years, and then it's usually just a dusting!

I've made good progress on my taxes on my surprise day off. Maybe I'll get some sewing done soon.

Laura in Alabama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home