Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

It seems that I have the honor of being the first poster for 2009.
Guess everyone who has electric power is busy doing other things.
It's been a good year so far! Football, lots of it on the new TV. High Def is amazing when one is watching sports. You can see the blades of grass on the field, the sweat on the players.
I'm itching to get back to quilting, and can't wait to have the eye surgery on the 15th so I can see colors and drive in the dark again. I went in and sat at my sewing machine today, just sitting there looking out the window at the sunshine made me happy.
DH is feeling better and we went for a kayak trip (a short one) about noon.
We found our way to a small creek about 20 miles from here and then had to find the public boat ramp. The weather was sunny/overcast and about 60. The creek was a nice paddle, but too many jet skis and power boats out to really enjoy it. Otherewise it was pretty, and we would go back again. I think lots of people got new boats / jet ski stuff for Christmas.
We have been too warm here (I know that people in snow don't want to hear that) but the plants don't know whether to bloom or not. It's fun to get out in, but dry, and we need the heat business. Whine, whine, sorry.

DH & I still don't know what illness he has. This Wed. we will visit the ENT who hopefully will schedule to get a lymph node removed from his neck to send it to the lab and cut it up. He has had every blood test they can think of, which reveals nothing. It's good he is feeling better, but madning that we still don't know what "it" is. I'm thankful for good doctors, good hospital care, and good insurance!
OK, this is a book, happy quilting, or whatever everyone is doing this weekend. Stay safe and happy and healthy in 2009.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home