Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After

And all is quiet... forgot about the mouse...I have one messing about my kitchen at night. It's managed to steal the cheeze and leave the trap untipped.

My three kids and their families arrived mid-afternoon Christmas Day, along with grand-dog Oliver, a golden retreiver. Between five grandchildren (one a toddler) four dogs traipsing through the Christmas mess with stuffies in their mouths, sitting in front of the fire, eating too much good food (and rich), I will be like Anna and have to go on a detox diet for a few days. Two helpings of turkey, two helpings of pie.....and I could still get that other pie out of the freezer and bake it and eat it today. Baaaad.

Everyone has left now and the house is quiet. Always the let-down after the families leave but I have much mess and laundry to deal with so that will keep me out of trouble for the rest of the day. And one of my adult children explained to me how a portable DVD player works that a friend had loaned me months ago as she had an extra one. Anything to distract me from quilting...all these electronic devices. It's a generation of electronic equipment that engages people solely between them and it. It's scary...all this interaction that kids have with these things and not with other human beings.

My birds need their feeders refilled, then I'l start in with one room at a time, cleaning up. Glad to hear from those who don't post regularly. It's fun to read about Christmases from snowy Mill Bay...(ahem !) to Spain, to Alabama to wherever...

Rosey

1 Comments:

At December 26, 2008 at 5:33 PM , Blogger Laura in Alabama said...

Try peanut butter on the mouse trap.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home