Friday, December 26, 2008

Everyone is back!

I thought that the board had been abandoned for the last two days. There were no posts after the cat! It's lovely to read everyone's posts, even a day (or two) late.
Anna, don't be such a stranger. It's great that they finally figured out the diet and medications for you. Although that diet doesn't sound like much fun, it's got to be better than being sick.
Jean, great news about the shoulder. Keep working on it.
Sri Lanka? Wow! What is the weather like there?
For those of you who have not seen it, HGTV did a piece on the White House Christmas Tree in the blue room. Each congressman invited an artist to make an ornament. There are almost 400 ornaments, all hand made on the tree. This site allows you to click on a state, and then a district, to view each ornament. http://www.whitehouse.gov/holiday/2008/ornamentsbystate/index.html
We had a lovely Christmas here. Dad was feeling distinctly "grinchy" until we went to church Christmas Eve. We too had a children's pageant, and it was "unrehearsed." I thought it went about as well as any rehearsed pageant I'd ever seen, which is to say it was adorable and none of the kids did anything horrible. The only problem with their church is the age of the members, so I don't know where they found all those children! Grandchildren maybe?
After having lost weight last year, I've been giving away clothes and clearing out as much stuff as I can talk DH into getting rid of, and we still have too much. That was why I had the question about the vaccuum storage bags. I'm not using them for my quilts, but they are working great for things like old jeans and flannel shirts that were kept to make a denim quilt. That stuff takes up an incredible amount of room. Maybe I can talk him into donating even more stuff in the next few months.
We're all worried about the economy, but all we can do is pray. I am making an effort to spend what I can afford, since my job is secure. Math teachers with 30 years experience generally don't have too much trouble finding jobs, even in hard times. Our internet business, however, was shaky before the economy went bust. We'll have to see what happens.
Laura in Alabama

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home