Friday, December 26, 2008

I'm humbled, truly

but I cannot accept the honour, Jane, however much it is bestowed upon me. I'm glad you've been getting out and about. That alone must help lift your spirits.

Now to research the refrigerator in the basement. I believe that is where the left-over turkey traveled to, with one of the kids...my 'kids' in the early forties now, cleaned up, straightened up, I sat there like a guest once the meal was on the table. Before that, Katie said: clear the decks, Mom's on the march as I rushed around the kitchen. The turkey was delicious, the beans, which daughter Karen made, were wonderful. I'm still feeling a certain 'reverberation' from that particular dish and I'm still fighting with my common sense to not go downstairs to the freezer and remove that apple and cranberry pie. I still have the: if one piece is good, two will be better half-Italian hanging around in my gene pool.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home