Friday, December 26, 2008

the holidays

JANE IN NC - You have had The Worst Year! I cannot imagine having to deal with the surgeries and now the vision problems. Last time an ophthalmologist did a vision test on me, his Rx was waaay off the mark, too. The optometrist rechecked me and his results and lenses I actually could see out of were almost at the opposite end of the spectrum. Hang in there. One day at a time, ALL this will be behind you.

CHRISTMAS with our DS and his wife (oh, that is soooo weird to say and write that-LOL) was lovely. It's her first time with us for Xmas, so she got to experience all our traditions. The kids will probably go to her parents for Xmas next year, but I'm not even going to ponder that right now. ;-) We had a lot of fun, watching them get excited over gifts of towel bars and matching towels. No more drying bath towels over folding clothes-dryer racks! Wo0oHoooo! (lol) We spent Xmas Eve with sis #1 and her DH at my sis #2's home with her family, for dinner, prezzies, and a big round of the bowling game on the Wii (did I spell that right?) game. I won! Snoopy Dance!

If any of you remember my post re: the Marathon Washaway thread that did not washaway......I did finally have some communication with a Mr. Lee, who either owns the company or is the #1 guy for USA offices. They had me send my spool of thread to them. He said it dissolved in water just fine for him. (As if! It turns to rubber bands in mine) He said water should be a certain temp like 45°C for it to dissolve. Ummm... well... the quilt was washed in warm water. Just stay away from the stuff and TEST, TEST, TEST before proceeding with any sort of specialty thread. Especially "water soluble" ones.

Our little Shih Tzu, Alex, celebrated his 16th birthday today. He is quite blind & deaf but still enjoys his dinner and walkies. :o) I also sang "Happy Birthday" to him even though I know he can't hear me. Probably better off that way. I sing in the key of 'R'. Ack.

Happy New Year and sending hugs to all,
Doris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home