Thursday, August 14, 2008

What a rigamarole

Tried to get on this morning and I'm told that my password doesn't work. I followed instructions and reset with a new password. Intereresting to note that my last password was 6 characters and Google informed me that I had to have at least 8 characters in it. Now to remember it even though my last password was set on my computer to remember it; it didn't work.

Marion, I love the expression from your mother: old age doesn't come alone. How true. Hopefully we can outrun old age for awhile but before long it does catch up.

I don't know if I informed the board of the startling revelation which I'm sure no-one is remotely interested in that my pool pooper was a turkey...and maybe I did mention this so forgive the repetition. At the moment, I am seeing the male turkey with his flock behind him creeping up the back garden eating his morning breakfast. I shall release the hounds if he comes to the pool but he's a sneaky fellow and I seldom see him taking his morning drink out of the chlorinated pool.

Still lots of rain here in Southern Ontario, grass is growing like mad, tractor of course is broken. What else can be expected. Machinery is needed to survive in the country and it breaks down all the time. You have to be a part-time mechanic to survive in the country.

Caught yet another of my grandchildren's colds on Sunday and am feeling unwell at the moment. I think because of the severity with which I catch colds these days that I'm going to have to eliminate contact with grandchildren and their colds. Age is catching up. I don't get over them as well and they end up in sinus infections; otherwise, I never catch them except from my grandkids.

So it's a day to lay low and read library books.

RoseyP

1 Comments:

At August 28, 2008 at 2:38 AM , Blogger Dot from ORegon said...

Hi Rosey, Remember me?? I finally got an invite to the board. Now I have to figure what I have to do to post a message instead of a comment.

Hope you are doing well. I have missed everyone on the board. I have emailed Jill a few times over the past few years.

I am doing well. Still piecing quilts and having fun with that. My job at the Prairie Girls Quilt Shop is over. The owners got tired of the rat race so they closed the store front but still have the internet business. I miss it even though it has only been 3 weeks since closing. I sure do miss all the friends that I made in that town. I will miss seeing them.

Hope to hear from you.
Dot in Oregon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home