Sunday, July 27, 2008

On the bright side, Grace, we're still alive !

Grace, not only is growing older for other people, dying is as well. Why do we think that this won't happen to us? Not to depress you further but the fact is, I don't have white hair for nothing and I never expected it. I'm starting to look at the fact that I may have, if I'm lucky about 5 years of energy left before the body starts falling apart on me and maybe I won't and it won't. I might be around to bedevil my family for another twenty years! But the fact is, I am grateful for every day that I wake up and I'm grateful that I look like I do at my age and I'm grateful that I don't have major health issues at the moment, and I'm touching wood here when I say that. I do have more fluffies around my waistline, but part of that is attributable to the fact that I have had systemic candidiasis since an operation on my bladder in 1985. It adds fluid to my body. I can take medication for it and drop four pounds in four days but it doesn't stay off. It's what makes my immune system flare up with reactions to environmental pollution. At my age, a lot of my friends have far worse things to deal with. It's all in how I look at things but to be honest, at times it's hard. The amount of rain we've had this summer, coupled with the long, long winter months behind us in which we had so much snow, has to affect one's moods. We feel like mushrooms in here in the country. The weeds are growing taller than the plants and I won't get out and weed the garden right now because the mosquitoes are so bad. But I'm thankful to be alive and remind myself that I could be pushing daisies from the other side of the ground.

We still have that pesky raccoon hanging around the pool. He is pooping in a different spot every night about two inches from the lip of the cement apron around the pool. We clean it up, he poops in a different spot. I take Javex out and bleach the area because it stains the cement and I don't want people stepping in any remains. It's like he's mooning us. We can't catch the little b*gger.

Our guests had a lovely night last night about 1 in the morning, apparently enjoying our back deck overlooking the pool and do not want to be fed before 9:30 a.m. I turn into a pumpkin after that and don't serve breakfast past that hour. It makes it too late if I have a turn around to get cleaned up and ready for the next set of guests. The B&B business is down considerably this year around here and I suspect in many places. We are heading into and likely are in a recession.

RoseyP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home