Sunday, July 20, 2008

Back from western N.C.
We are back from the cool, low humidity of western N.C. Went tubing-sort of. We didn't know that the river level was low due to the droughts in the past years, so mostly we crab-walked and sort-of-tubed, and then walked through the rocks. I will consider it cross training!
The walking up and down mountains, even paved ones, is so different from flat land. I walked an hour 2 X in the mornings, and have some sore legs to tell for it.
The grand boys were whiny little brats most of the time. He hit me! I want to sit there! He punched me first! Finally on Friday DH and I went for a drive by ourselves. I did go to the John C. Campbell folk school one morning and walked around. A lovely place. There are not any quilt classes I want to take in the next 6 months, but it would be a great place for a retreat. Away from everything. I do mean everything, to get a sandwich had to drive about 6 miles into the little town of Murphy. Did buy two quilt books there at their book store, and ready to get to quilting. Hopefully can do an hour or so tomorrow.
I found the Nikwax and the other waterproofing spray in a little outdoor shop in the town of Highlands, N.C. My jacket is in the dryer as I type. (Now that is a beautiful area)
We hit the little shops on Main St. in Hendersonville then decided to keep driving south, and got home about 11:00 on Sat. night.
It's good to go away, always good to get back home.
Sara in the humid, flat land

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home