Thursday, July 17, 2008

Quiet house...

The children have returned home with their parents, and we are back to being "Darby and Joan" again ! I think the visit was a success. There was a fair amount of "coming and going" and I got to be an expert at producing a meal for seven when I expected them to be elsewhere , and pretending not to mind when they would phone from somewhere to say they wouldn't be back for dinner.... when I had a roast on.....

The weather was mostly good and we managed a few special outings , including a visit to an Ice Rink a "first" for all of us. The children managed well and their parents enjoyed it too. I stood guard over the bags and clothes... DD and I enjoyed our two nights at Hanmer and soaked in the hot pools as we enjoyed looking at the snow capped alps... There was enough snow, left on the lawn of the house we rented, for the children to make an icy snowman ! That made their day.

Time now to reclaim the house (and my life) starting with a hair cut today. We have a busy w/end coming up. Off out with friends to a mid-winter dinner tomorrow night and then lunch with other friends, after church on Sunday. Must try to prune my roses too, I don't have many and it's easy to forget them !

Enjoy your w/end.
Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home