Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Having trouble posting here for the last few days.
Marion, the pictures are breathtaking.
The pink and white quilt on the other board is beautiful also.
I received back the quilt I sent off to the UK show last fall. Right now I forgot who suggested we enter, but mine came back yesterday. It is titled Explosion of color, an arty type small wall hanging. I hope the people who saw the exibition in the UK liked the Florida-type sunny colors (colours to them)
DORRIS-and others, thanks for the Gore-Tex lessons. DH & I did a Dick's Sporting goods store run on Saturday. He found a Walter Hogan golf jacket with Gore-Tex on a super sale. There was "0" in the line of jackets for me. This is Florida, and July, so wasn't expecting to find anything really.
I did snag a super deal on another pair of Asic gel running shoes, normally $119.00, but with the coupons, special sale, ect, they were $72.00 before tax. Now I have 2 pair just alike, so can rotate them for the jog/walk/run practice. I'll buy the waterproofing stuff Dorris mentioned for the old pair to take on vacation, along with the waterproofing for the Eddie Bauer jacket. I really like the jacket, so want to continue to use it.
Haven't been doing any quilting since Monday, hurt my neck and back on Sunday morning, and finally got to the chiro. Dr. this morning. Fortunately I wasn't seriously hurt, a med. size ice chest fell on my left shoulder and neck area. I was putting something in the cabinet in the garage, and it was on top. When I closed the door I guess the vibration caused it to slide down. It didn't hit the SUV, just me. The adjustment now makes me "well adjusted".
We are going to Murphy, N.C. on Saturday for a week with the DD/DSIL, and all the blessings. Taking the kayaks, bikes, etc. This is our first vacation with all the gang, so hope it will be wonderful. The rental house is on one of the rivers, so hope to get some kayaking, tubing, etc. in. I want to go to the John C. Campbell Folk School on Friday night to hear the bluegrass music. Don't think the boys will like that, so we may split up. Not going to be a camp director, they can do their thing, we can do some together, some apart. There are 3 bathrooms, a must with our group.
I'll report back after we return.
Thanks again for all the help. Quilters are the greatest!
Sara in Fla.

1 Comments:

At July 9, 2008 at 4:14 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

Sara - you might check the Land's End online catalog for the Goretex jacket. They carry quite a few things that sound like they'd work for you. And the prices usually aren't too prohibitive.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home