Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Time for a change...

Definitely time for a new post here! LOL

I have decided that I will definitely be going to Grace's Retreat in Ontario next Fall. Who else is going to be there? Now that I have decided to go, I want everyone else to jump on board! LOL

It is kitten season here already, unfortunately. We have kittens in foster care and more coming. *None* of them are at my house and the plan is that none of them will come here this summer. We are planning to travel this year and it is difficult enough to get a house and pet sitter for a zoo like this! But of course I am still doing everything else that I do for our cat rescue. Bright and early tomorrow morning I will be picking up cats in traps and taking them to the vet clinic... At least these ones are not pregnant yet.

My plans to be out in my garden every day this Spring have been shattered by the fact that we have had the worst April weather on record in this part of the country. For the first time since weather records have been kept here we have had snow in April. Lots of it. As recently as last weekend. I am hoping that it will warm up over the next few days so I can get some serious planting done.

My sewing group and my design group have decided to cooperate and make a raffle quilt for the Run For The Cure. We are using a pattern from Sharon Pedersen's first book of reversible quilts, with darkish Orientals on one side and very pretty coordinating florals on the other. The fabrics are absolutely lovely -- I wish I was doing this one for me!

DH is off to Alberta for the Spring seeding -- as soon as the snow is off the fields! He was supposed to leave early next week, but it looks like that might be delayed...

What is everyone else up to these days?

Jean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home