Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring . . . and life

LAURA in AL - What a beautiful photo! I'm not worried about the freeze. Those are normal for this time of year. Last year, the problem was we had two weeks of weathers in the 80s before the freeze. We'll be okay. Frost date here is April 15 but I always give it until May 1st.

RONNA - !Que lindo verte aquí! I hope you an find a French-speaking lawyer to settle all your dad's affairs in the Caribbean.

LIFE GETS IN THE WAY --- That is my motto lately, taken from the insurance ads on TV. I cannot seem to get into my sewing room because, "Life is what happens when you've made other plans."

DH and I attended the Monday practice round, with our DS and DH's brother, of The Masters golf tournament. For DS and me it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. DH and DBIL have been there before, but it was ages ago. The golf course is really quite beautiful and much hillier than the TV allows it to appear. Throngs of people, decent weather, safe travel all the way.

DS bought a car from some friends up here, and this Saturday DS and I will each drive to and meet in Chattanooga to exchange cars. I'll give him his new one and take his old one, along with his check for the 'new' (but used) car. There's another day shot, for sewing. Ugh....

A few weeks ago, DS got engaged to be married and they finally set the date for November. So . . . I get to be a ... MOG! (LOL) I'll wait to see what the colors for the wedding will be and level of formality, before I decide if I have to sew something up or if I can wear something already in my closet. :-D Chances are, I'll be sewing. . . I've already bought some lovely cloth dinner napkins that I will monogram for them with the embroidery feature of my sewing machine.

I'm "off to the races" today, running errands, must buy fertilizer for the roses, etc.

Hugs to everyone!

1 Comments:

At April 10, 2008 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

OK, what type of machine do you have with the emb. on it?
I'm going to be officially in the market next week when I start looking.
Congrats on being a MOG.
Keep us posted.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home