Sunday, April 6, 2008

Checking in

It's been some time since I've been on here, so I thought I'd check in and let you all know what's been happening in Vermont lately. As of Friday, we officially broke the record for the snowiest winter on record. The old record was 139 inches, and we went one tenth of an inch over that Friday. Sheesh! Fortunately, temps of 50-54 are forecast for the next few days, so I'm hoping all of the ugly frozen mounds of snow in my yard will melt this week. Nights are supposed to be cold, so we shouldn't have to worry about flooding. Melt, melt!! I want spring!!

Only seven weeks of instruction left and one week of exams and school is out!! (That doesn't count one week of spring break in a week.) DS and I will both be glad to be done! Next year I plan to put him in a small highschool and remove myself from involvement in his schoolwork. I've given him a year of one-on-one attention; now he should be ready to go on his own. I know I'm ready!!

I guess I'd best see about doing something for dinner. Have a good evening, all!

Jean in VT

1 Comments:

At April 9, 2008 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

So much for global warming?
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home