Friday, March 21, 2008

Message forwarded, Jean

I'm sure Celia will be happy to hear that Kira is doing well. I have a friend who had a knee operation last fall and she lost a lot of weight; others have too, I'm told it is the painkillers that reduce the appetite. I can see where it would but I have to hit a brick wall before my appetite is affected and I could lose five pounds at least, myself.

The dogs had a great run up past the woods today and the blizzard deposited at least four to five feet of snow on the north side of the forest. The south side is like corn snow and some of the grass is showing beneath the pine trees. They had a great sniff-trip...likely what I'd compare a trip to Florida right now, they had up through the trees. The wild turkeys are in great abundance right now. And I heard my first red-winged blackbird singing today...my sign that spring is coming although the starlings and the blackbirds are raiding my bird feeding station as they are back here too.

It's Good Friday and I'm ticked off with CBC (Can. Broadcasting Co.) because they are showing the Worlds Figure Skating Championships at 12 midnight. Why did they get the contract for this...I'll be surfing the network all week-end hoping to find some of it Sat. & Sun.

Lots of snow still but it will do the ground a lot of good as we've had some pretty dry summers recently.

Granddaughter Sarah has the chicken pox so Easter has been postponed for two weeks.
Happy Easter everyone.

Rosey

1 Comments:

At March 21, 2008 at 10:21 PM , Blogger Phyllis in Minnesota said...

Rosey: There is hope for your spring in the north country because the Canadian geese have arrived along with the robins who are singing sunrise to sunset, and roadkill has included skunks and racoons. So continue doing your spring time dance because it's just around the corner!!
Phyllis in Minnesota

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home