Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Daylight Savings Time

I was in Atlanta last week, so spending three days one-hour-ahead does help me transition into DST back here in Central Time. I did not have to change my watch back when I came home Saturday. But it is harder to get up earlier when it is dark outside. Lots of folks walking around like zombies right now, until we adjust. LOL I feel badly for the kids who have to wait in the dark for their school bus....again.

Saturday a.m. DH woke up to 3 inches of snow (Atlanta got nothing) but all was melted by the time I arrived home, Saturday afternoon. Sunday was quite warm, in the 50s F, and I've been getting out walking these past few days. It's nice to see the pale yellow green buds on the weeping willow trees, Bradford pears gearing up for their blooming in a few weeks, and other trees ready to explode in bloom --- and pollen --- in a couple of weeks. And then Easter comes so early this year.

Our quilt guild had Frieda Anderson ( http://www.friestyle.com/ ) in town for the program and workshops. I took one on free-motion quilting where there are no lines to follow. I always FMQ with a marked quilt. Frieda is a great teacher and we were all FMQing stars, oak leaves, and all sorts of designs on plain blank sandwiches. I bought several kits from her, too. They will be Xmas gifts. Hope I get started early enough on them! ;-o

DH "won the lottery" for admission for one day to the practice round at The Masters golf tournament in Augusta, GA this year. We get to go on Monday. Yep, they tell US which day we can go. LOL They don't care, they don't have to care, they're Augusta/The Masters. We don't expect to see many big name players on a Monday but it will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for myself and our son. We can remember when, years ago, DH would drive over from Atlanta while at a workshop, and just buy admission and walk on to the course to watch the practice rounds.

Welp, I'm off to my sewing room to try to be productive today. Too many projects and too little time. :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home