Friday, March 21, 2008

Weight loss

Margaret commented that she wished she could lose 9 pounds like Kira did. I smiled, because the lady behind the desk at the vet's said the same thing. I told her I guess we'd have to hide all our regular food and just put out the diet stuff, because that's what I did for Kira. I've been struggling with my own weight this winter. I lost 13 pounds last year and gained back 7 of those pounds this winter. Grrrrr. It's so hard when the kids bring cookies and ice cream and the like in the house--and then they eat my 100 calorie packs that I buy for myself!!! We've had so much snow, too, that I've been hibernating more than I should too. We need Spring, so DD and I can get back to our walks!

On the subject of Spring, I got out a snowball quilt top that I made with 30's repro fabrics some time ago and put two of the three borders on it the other day. That gave me a little shot of Spring! So pretty. I hope to get the final border on it this weekend. I'll be glad when school's over (I'm homeschooling DS.) so I can get back to my quilting!

Jean in VT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home