Friday, March 28, 2008

Our Quilt Show Starts Today

AND we finally joined the rest of the world and got high speed internet yesterday. We are in the country and have had dial up interset service which some days takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r. So now that we are "up to speed," could somebody post the site for the Alex Anderson site for me? Thanks. We hung the quilts last night for the show and there are so, so many. We didn't know if we were going to be able to find a place for all of them but we did. It should be a fun two days. I met with somebody from our local paper on Tuesday to give them info on the show and I got a nice surprise when I opened the paper yesterday. There was a big picture and very nice feature story - front page above the fold. We couldn't have asked for better publicity. The weather should cooperate so we're hoping for a good turn out. Like I said a couple weeks ago, if anyone is close, it will be worth making a great day trip to New Ulm. Joleen in MN

3 Comments:

At March 28, 2008 at 9:08 PM , Blogger Marge in Louisiana said...

Good article on the quilt show. They gave you a lot of space which is really nice. Hope you have good weather and a good turnout.
What did your guild do for the 4-H? We use our raffle quilt money for a scholarship to a teacher who uses quilting as a teaching tool in her classroom and I was wondering what you do?

Marge in Louisiana

 
At March 29, 2008 at 7:18 AM , Blogger tobylehnj said...

The web site for Alex and Ricky is: www.thequiltshow.com

Please use my name when you sign up. It is contest that they are doing... Thanks, oh, my screen name is tobylehnj
Donna, LEH,NJ

 
At April 1, 2008 at 7:04 AM , Blogger Joleen in MN said...

Marge - we just donated money toward a project. They made pillows at a Saturday work day. We have donated toward to the school also - donated money so they could purchase a cutting mat, cutter, ruler, etc. I like the idea of designating the raffle quilt money - may have to check into that. We had a great show -tons of quilts, perfect weather, etc. And Donna - I will use your name when I sign up. Thanks. Joleen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home