Tuesday, March 6, 2007

UH OH

Yikes! You guys (you can tell I'm from NY) are sure calling my bluff. I just had a ham and cheese sandwich for breakfast. Do you mean I'm going to have to give that up? I do have some hypoglycemic problems in the morning so need protein in a hurry when I get up or I get the wobbles.

I know what I should do. It's just that it's so hard to do it. I talk more about exercise than I do it (sort of like quilting). Since the old blood sugar is increasing yearly I need to take the glycemic index seriously. I think WW does work for mild diabetics and the South Beach diet as well. I just need to work up the steel to get with it. My big problem in addition to craving sweets is portion control yet I get sick to death of weighing and measuring everything that goes into my mouth. I want a magic pill dammit! Since there is none perhaps the group support will help. Why don't we agree on a date certain (you can also tell that I am a lawyer) on which to weigh and measure ourselves and do it weekly or bi weekly thereafter at the same time of day. This is for our own reference and not for publication. If we check in regularly as previously suggested we can ask for help, suggestions, recipes etc. and once a month or so brag. I'm afraid bragging might discourage some folks though. What do you think? Everyone is different with different life activities and health not to mention ages so success will come in different ways to each of us. However, each of us has to get serious about changing our pattern. As the gynecologist told me when he fit me for a diaphragm back in 1960, "It won't do you a bit of good in the dresser drawer". Not a perfect analogy but more in the line of nothing ventured, nothing gained or lost for that matter, or if you don't try it won't happen.

We can spend the next week getting psyched and comparing ideas then it's lose it or use it (the blubber that is).

Jane, Queen of cliches

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home