Sunday, March 4, 2007

taxes

Jane, you have my sincere sympathy on the compression stockings. I hope that I can avoid those, but who knows what the future holds.
I've always lived a rather sedentary life style. I'm trying to get active now, at 49, before it's too late. I, too, need to shed that forty (or maybe 50) pounds. I've backslid in the last two weeks because I've had the crud. I hope to get back to walking the dogs tomorrow. I'd actually shed 5 pounds the last time I checked. I refuse to check often!
Bad weather:
My school, and almost all of the other local schools let out at noon, so that we would be home before the storms hit. Here in north Alabama, we managed to miss the worst of the storms, but we were very grateful to be able to get home before the expected bad weather could endanger after-school travel. My parents in Montgomery, very close to Enterprise, spent much of Thursday in their interior bathroom sheltering from the tornadoes. They had no damage, but I believe the damage at Enterprise High School made the national news. President Bush has been visiting the damage stricken areas.
I'm finishing my taxes tonight. I'll file the federal via internet tonight. Since I work in TN, and live in Alabama, I've paid no state tax all year. I intentionally have too much deducted for my federal taxes so that I get a refund. I'll be using my federal return to pay the Alabama tax, so I won't be filing the state portion until April 15. Hopefully, I'll break even.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home