Sunday, March 4, 2007

WHUT'S UP?

It looks like everyone's been gone this weekend. I just had to post something because I got in via a comment to Laura on the BB. Just thought I'd say hi. Just when we get silly at the prospect of spring hereabouts the temperatures have dropped and the dratted wind is back. Actually the temps wouldn't be so bad but for the wind. The finch feeder outside my window hangs on a chain and it's swinging around making things tough for the finches, chickadees and nuthatches that frequent it. The male goldfinches are beginning to turn golden feather by feather as they prepare for the arduous task of attracting a lady love and starting a family. By the way, does anyone out there know the plural of titmouse? If there are two of them, as just visited the feeder, are there titmice there? Maybe titmouses, titmeese? Anna, where are you with your knowledge of etymology? Hey, I just invoked the spell check and according to Google the plural is titmice.

Time to get going. I always allow myself a slow start on Sunday. If I don't get my shower and get those coat of mail compression stockings on fairly soon after getting up I have achy swollen legs the rest of the day. Vascular surgeon has to get approval from Medicare to do the surgery on the offending vein before they will pay for it and that takes a month or two. I'm sure, however, that the vein is not the whole problem. Both legs swell and ache. I'm sure that losing forty pounds would help that problem and a host of others. Just can't seem to get myself motivated to do what I know I should do. Oh well, I'll write a check each to the IRS and the NC Dept. Revenue today. That's enough sacrifice for one day.

Jane in NC

1 Comments:

At March 4, 2007 at 6:16 PM , Blogger Laura in Alabama said...

You're welcome to sneak in via comments on my blogs any day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home