Friday, March 2, 2007

Kathi

How 'cum sons are much bigger than their mothers??
Kathi, you must be hugely relieved and happy with your son safely home now. What a lovely photo and has the smile left your face yet? Wouldn't me...

We are under a layer of ice on snow today. I'm about to get out and 'walk' the laneway...the Aussiedogs found it tough sledding this morning so I can see it's going to be slide, crunch, sink, repeat. I am to have guests from Lansing, MI today but wonder what the highways are like coming east from there or even if they'll attempt the drive. If they come, they'll cross at Sarnia. Ontario is very good at getting their roads back into shape and I heard huge crunching on the 5 side road just south of us as the road plough went by. A snow blower won't cut through this rhime of ice so we'll have a few problems to deal with this morning.

My fingers and hands are sore with all the work on this bird quilt but it's slowly coming together. The borders are on three sides, one to go. All the birds are completed but not all sewn down. I have my three friends, Beckie, Denise and Joan to thank for the creative use of fabrics on the birds and for opening my eyes to the great possibilities of odd looking pieces of fabric. I've always searched through batiks for gradations of colour but the linear designs on fabrics is something they've taught me. Now for a whole new collection of fat quarters...leaving my purse less than fat.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home