Thursday, December 18, 2014

From MaryJoG.

Like you, Rosey, I'd decided last year's Christmas letter was my last.  John insisted.  I felt it was too hard to write about all of his health struggles.  That took over our lives so there was not a lot more to report.  But, did one and it was OK.  This year, I've decided to respond to any letters with a personal note.  So far, not too many have come in.   The stepladder tree idea came from Pinterest.  Love it!  Have never tasted mince pies but they do sound good.  Nice to learn of ideas from across our world.  The red and purple quilt is for my son and daughter in law who teach in a small village in AK, on the Bering Sea.  They spoke of the drabness of an all beige apartment and no daylight.  Days are very short there.  This will brighten all.   The quilt at the base of the tree was made by my daughter while she was in college.  As an engineering/math major she made her own pattern.  It was her first quilt and she doesn't think she is a quilter!  
I'm driving 2 1/2 hours to Eastern OR to visit my son and his family.  They are down from AK and the girls from WA and TX.  We will have an early Christmas this weekend.  Will fly north to spend the holiday with my daughter's family. Tuesday night, the 5 grandkids are doing a piano concert for their Dad's birthday. That may be the highlight of the holiday.  Merry Christmas to all.  Hope this is the best one yet.

1 Comments:

At December 20, 2014 at 8:57 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

I love the bright colors.


Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home