Sunday, December 7, 2014

Granddaughter's quilt

Okay, time to get the driveshed down the list and put up something new.  So I searched my file and came up with the quilt that will be placed on my six year old granddaughter's bed on Christmas day.  She has seen it in progress, knew that it was being sent out to be quilted (longarm) but doesn't know it's finished.  It will be a surprise for her.  I took a school photograph of her, had it blown up, copied it into templates and appliqued it as the centrepiece of the quilt, than added preprinted corner squares, other images and the border has animals (polka dot sheep, birdhouse, etc) of things that would interest a child of that age.  Her name is appliqued to the bottom section of the quilt.  At least this moves us along and may inspire others to post.
Rosey P in Canada

3 Comments:

At December 7, 2014 at 6:02 PM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

The applique of your grand daughter came out beautifully, Rosey - how clever. Don't know if I could manage anything like that. I do like the 2 colour floral that the chook is standing on - it seems to blend in with the background as if it was also applique. She will love it, I'm sure.
Off to Melbourne in a few days' time to see DS#1 graduate. There for a week, then back home just in time to get the house ready for the 2 Melbourne sons and their partners to join us for Christmas. In the meantime am also packing boxes to drop off in storage on the over. Busy, busy.

 
At December 7, 2014 at 7:28 PM , Blogger heather said...

Absolutely love it ,

 
At December 15, 2014 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Rosey - I thought I had already posted here, but I don't see it, so I'll try again. Maybe I got distracted and forgot to "send"?

What a beautiful quilt for your DGD! I love the colors and I hope she will love it and appreciate your love and labor in making it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home